We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to our support team in Marlborough, Massachusetts
We supply future-proof software tools and services for embedded development, enabling companies worldwide to create the products of today and the innovations of tomorrow. Since the start in Uppsala in 1983, our solutions have ensured quality, reliability and efficiency in the development of over one million embedded applications worldwide.
If you have a proven track record in problem solving and the expertise and passion to focus your energy on engineering and to build relationships we would like to hear from you! We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer who is talented in both customer service and detail-oriented, analytical tasks.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a rapidly growing company that is today financially very strong as a result of market leading products and services, having an existing large and loyal customer base and excellent partnerships within the embedded systems community.
The Technical Support Engineer will be a part of the US Support team; assisting customers over the telephone, via email and over video web conference. The Technical Support Engineer, as an active member of the entire US Support team, will support the sales team in their efforts to help grow the existing customer base by providing excellent service and ensuring unrivaled customer satisfaction.
- Support IAR Systems products and services in the US.
- Consistently monitor and work closely with IAR Systems customers including the possibility of customer visits.
- Work with customer cases in C and C++ and reproduce customers' environment on a variety of major silicon vendor evaluations boards.
- Have a strong technical understanding of IAR's products to aid customers in their use and resolve issues.
- Be able to provide clear and succinct technical write-ups of customer cases.
- Be able to coordinate and work with company's Developers, Product Management and Support located in Sweden.
- Maintain IAR Systems global support system with up-to-date and accurate information, according to company process and policies, and monitor projects as assigned.
- Be a team member within the US Support activities with emphasis on customer satisfaction and quality in operation, while always presenting a professional image.
- Provide feedback on products and customers as needed.
- Hold an education level of BS or equivalent in CS or EE.
- Strong (3-5+ years) experience within embedded industries.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Technical knowledge of key products (Compilers, Debuggers, RTOS’s etc).
- Business-minded with a sense of business intelligence.
- Experienced user of all Office products and email, in addition to key principles of CRM systems.
- Travel requirement is limited. Initially, travel needs may be greater for training purposes.
- The intention is to find qualified candidates and meet with them for interviews as soon as possible in the Marlborough, MA office.
If you are who we’re looking for, there is great opportunity for personal development and expanded responsibility. IAR Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to success and diversity. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply! Interested? We look forward to receiving your application and the opportunity to discuss with you!
Apply by email to: email@example.com