Lead System Administrator
Welcome to IAR, a knowledge-intense, value-driven, global company at the top of our industry. We supply the tools and services that make embedded systems development fast, efficient, and reliable, enabling our customers worldwide to deliver better products to their markets quickly. We are looking for a new colleague to join our IT department team.
About the role
As a System Administrator and IT-Operations Team Lead, you will have responsibility for the maintenance, development, and operation of the company's IT infrastructure and internal systems. The team is built up of four resources located in Uppsala, one in California, and one in Cambridge including ongoing recruitment (this one and Cambridge). The long-term goal is to execute projects focusing on security and support our business needs.
The IT department supports all of our employees and constitutes an essential and central function at the company. The basic infrastructure is based on HPE's HCI solution, VMware for virtualization, and Microsoft (on-prem and 365). We also operate a number of Linux systems primarily in the DevOps area.
Who are you?
In this recruitment process, we value great emphasis on personal qualities. To succeed in the role, we see that you are a curious person, who is motivated, energetic, and pushing things forward. You want to contribute with new ideas and have a great interest in learning new things. As a person, you are helpful and unpretentious, and you always stand up to support others, regardless of whether it is part of your duties or not, the team before the self. Since you will work closely with others, it is of great importance that you appreciate and understands the value of good communication, transparency, and honesty toward each other. Finally, we see that you are a person who have the ability to structure and prioritize the right things and be responsible for your own tasks.
To succeed in this role we see that you have the following:
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in a similar role as a system administrator where you have managed, maintained, and operated IT infrastructure.
- You have also led projects or are considered to be the “go-to-person” or have had the experience to lead others.
You have good knowledge in:
- Virtualization (VMware, vsphere / vcenter)
- Windows / Linux server environment
- HCI solutions (eg HPE / Simplivity)
- Identity management. Active Directory and Azure AD
- Azure. (DNS, M365, Defender, Sharepoint / Teams, Intune)
- Scripting/automation. Powershell / shell
- Experiences with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS etc) are also valuable skills
- General knowledge of networks, firewalls, and security
- Good knowledge of English, speaking and writing
- Educated university engineer in computer technology or similar is considered a merit
Who are we?
Being a part of the IAR team you will get to be part of a multi-cultural and global business in a fast-growing industry. We are welcoming, open to new ideas, and take pride in our achievements. We work together as a team, in each specific office as well as globally. We are problem-solvers and take on new challenges with excitement and energy. This is why we will place great emphasis on your personal qualities and their alignment with our values.
We recommend you to submit your application immediately as we make an ongoing selection. Welcome with your application!