Device Support Engineer
We are looking for an Device Support Engineer to our office in Shanghai, China! Learn and grow with IAR Systems' industry-leading technology. Your knowledge and skills can change the world. Join us now!
IAR Systems Development (Shanghai) Ltd. is 100% subsidiary of IAR Systems Group, who has started business in China with a local distributor in 2001, and opened own office in Shanghai in 2004. IAR Systems Development (Shanghai) Ltd. will start to direct sales in China, and will open an office in Shenzhen in 2020. And we are recruiting an opening employees at our Shenzhen office of IAR Systems Development (Shanghai) Ltd.
IAR Systems is a truly global company at the top of our industry, providing world-leading software for building embedded applications for more than 35 years. We supply the tools and services that make embedded systems development fast, efficient and reliable, enabling our customers worldwide to deliver better products to their markets faster. IAR Systems Group AB is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm.
This position will be responsible for developing the software program of Device Support files for IAR Systems' products. It also includes the following functional activities.
- Developing Device Support Files for IAR Embedded Workbench and Embedded Trust
- Developing Board Support Package for any MCU/MPU
- Migration Guide among different development Environment.
- Communication with Manager at Device Support Center in China
Required skills and experiences
- Min. Bachelor’s Degree
- Good experience of development of firmware/embedded software, or graduate from a relevant university program with some work experience in relevant areas.
- Professional knowledge of
- ARM architecture
- RISC-V architecture
- Skill set of
- C/C++ programming
- Assembly language
- Understanding different interrupt architectures.
- Using RTOS & Handing of MCU/MPU
- Communicating directly with technical contacts at SiP partners in the region (and possibly global).
- Self-driven, comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, highly ambiguous environment
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work to tight deadlines or under pressure
- Display initiative and problem solving ability
- PDCA cycle management
Preferred Skills & Experiences
- Hardware knowledge, digital plus some basic analog understanding, the ability to read board schematics, use of multi-meter, oscilloscope and logic analyzer.
- How to set up and configure external memory for 32-bit and 64-bit application processors, like Cortex-A
- Python, or other scripting language
- Some experience with Continuous Integration-systems like Jenkins or Groovy
- Git (and subversion)
- JTAG, Trace, TrustZone
- Min. 1 year experience at international company.
- Team leader experience in organizational management.
- Professional knowledge of Embedded Software Testing / Validation / Security.
- Strong desire to be a key player of a winning team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Min. English Proficiency Level
Why IAR Systems?
IAR Systems has grown steadily and is seeking to expand its customer base through global expansion. In addition to Europe and the Americas, it is anticipated the growth potential of the Asian region in recent years. Based on our products and services with the leading technology, IAR Systems Development (Shanghai) Ltd. is striving to lead the transformation of the embedded system and secure a larger market position in local. The market in China will grow bigger and bigger, and every staff in China grows and develops together with the company.