Software Development Engineer (Python)
An excellent opportunity has arisen at Secure Thingz Ltd in our Embedded Trust team. We are looking for a quality focused teammate to join us as a Software Engineer, primarily working with Python but with plenty of scope to work with other languages.
You will be part of a small and cooperative team, responsible for the development of the Embedded Trust security product. Embedded Trust is a IDE integrated software development plugin that manages security policy in IoT devices so that OEMs can focus on feature development. This role involves developing PC software tools and learning about/contributing to security features provided by the tools. It will also provide an opportunity to expand toward your interests in any related areas e.g. CI/CD, Embedded systems, Operations, Web services and more.
- Great foundational knowledge of programming concepts
- Ability to implement effective test coverage for the software you work with
- A good understanding of Python
- Competence with setup and use of various IDEs
- C#/C++ or other programming language experience
- Understanding of how to effectively document an evolving solution
- Understanding of security/crypto functions
- Familiar with software development in Windows
- Expertise with Git as a VCS
- You are enjoy working in a highly cooperative environment
- You are happy to be a mentor and value the distribution of knowledge
- You accept that Windows OS is a necessary evil, sometimes
We are the industry leader in providing security solutions for the IoT market. Helping our customers to prevent IP theft, counterfeiting and malware from the conception of a product.
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Location: Trumpington, Cambridge, UK