Context sensitive help
Context sensitive help in the product is available. Press F1 to get information about the window that you are currently in.
Improved MISRA C/C++ compliance
- The generated output files from the Coder have been improved.
- Unsigned constants now correctly use the 'U' suffix.
- Include guards in the generated files no longer use reserved identifiers.
- Conditions in if and for statements are Boolean.
- The ++ operator is not mixed with other operators in expressions.
- No assignments are performed in subexpressions.
- Typedef names are not reused.
- The old style support for getting the signature at runtime using macros can now be replaced with using VSGetSignature.
- A new option, 'Maximum MISRA compliance', has been added in the project part.
Easier to switch between the different Coder APIs
- The Coder can now generate a VSDeduct function.
- The Coder can now generate VSElementName and VSElementExpl functions.
- The Coder can now generate VSInitAll function.
New support for getting the signature
The Coder can now generate a VSGetSignature function.
Reduce compilation time
The Coder now only generates files on the disk if it detects that the contents need to be changed. Otherwise, the file is not updated. You might need to manually change the Coder option for generating GUID guards by changing -generateguidguards1 to -generateguidguards0, and to change the Coder option for generating time and version in the files from -generatetimeandversion1 to -generatetimeandversion0 in the .vtg file.
Updated user documentation
The visualSTATE User Guide has been updated.