Windows AppCompatFlags Layers
Technical Note 59509
11/25/2016 1:59 PM
Under certain circumstances, automatic Windows 8 compatibility settings can cause problems for the Embedded Workbench. This has been reported in connection with:
- Changing Project > Options.
- Selecting another Configuration (e.g., Release).
Error message(s) containing info similar to:
Faulting application path: $EW_DIR$\common\bin\IarIdePm.exe
Faulting module path: $EW_DIR$\common\bin\kernel.dll
Install another copy of your Embedded Workbench in a different location (different
- Old install path
C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 6.5\
- New install path
C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 6.5_2\
Rename the directory of your current installation.
Share your results
If the above helps:
- open the Windows registry (using
- take a screenshot of this key:
- (You might use this bat file.)
- Please send the screenshot to IAR Support.
All Product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.