Field Application Engineer Manager
Learn and grow with IAR Systems' industry-leading technology. Your knowledge and skills can help change the world! Will you join us? We are currently 15 colleagues in our Tokyo office, including four Field Application/Technical Support Engineers, working towards the mission to enable our customers to create and secure the products of today and the innovations of tomorrow. We are now looking for a Manager to lead our team of engineers. Is that you?
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Field Application/Technical Support Engineer to lead the engineering team as a playing manager, and support technical initiatives of the APAC sales organization in order to grow revenue. You will cover many different kinds of local events, programs, and activities from a technical point of view. You will co-work with local Sales, Marketing and other relevant teams as well as global colleagues as a member of the global FAE/Technical Support function.
Based on your high technical skill set, you will build up the business of IAR Systems Japan for targeting both short-term & long-term goals.
The followings are functional activities.
- Leading of Engineering Team (FAE/Technical Support/IT)
- To set and execute technical strategy for local market
- Project Management
- Communication with Global Team
- Create/localize Technical materials
- Technical Training & Seminar
- Technical Support of IAR Systems products for pre-sales, and post sales
- Management of IT infrastructure in local office
To succeed in this role, you need a solid background with 10+ years’ experience of Embedded Software engineering and development. The following are engineering requirements for the role:
- Professional knowledge of Software Development tools
- Skill set of Assembler, and C/C++ programming
- Experience of using RTOS & Handing MCU/MPU
- Embedded Security
You will also bring 5+ years’ experience of Team & People Management, showing the following skills:
- Self-driven, comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, highly ambiguous environment
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work to tight deadlines or under pressure
- Display initiative and problem solving ability
IAR Systems is a global company in a worldwide market, thus in this role you need to possess:
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) to be able to deal with people from diverse backgrounds both face to face and on the telephone, and to inspire confidence.
- Ability to conduct a well-constructed presentation.
- Japanese: Native level
- English: Business level
It is a bonus but not a requirement if you also bring any of the following:
- Experience of living abroad min. 1 year
- Working experience from an international company
- Software testing and validation
About the company
IAR Systems is a truly global company at the top of our industry, providing world-leading software for building embedded applications for more than 35 years. We supply the tools and services that make embedded systems development fast, efficient and reliable, enabling our customers worldwide to deliver better products to their markets faster. Working with us, you will be part of a dedicated team of more than 200 employees worldwide, all proudly working together to provide the most competitive customer solutions. I.A.R. Systems Group AB is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm.
IAR Systems K.K. is a 100% subsidiary of I.A.R. Systems Group AB. IAR Systems has been present in Japan since 1986, initially through a local distributor. In 2001 we opened our own office in Tokyo, and from 2003 we have showed growth for 17 consecutive years, and still growing steadily.
For more information, please visit www.iar.com
What are we offering?
With IAR Systems you will get to be part of a multi-cultural and global business in a fast-growing industry where every co-worker’s individual role is very important in the big picture. We are welcoming, open to new ideas, and take pride in our achievements. We work together as a team, in each specific office as well as globally. We are problem-solvers and take on new challenges with excitement and energy. This is why we will place great emphasis on your personal qualities and their alignment with our values.
- Equal opportunities are given and performance is evaluated fairly.
- A horizontal organizational culture. Instead of a hierarchical title system.
- Everyone can work and learn and grow. IAR Systems fully support the development of the individual, and share the employee's future plans together to help them achieve their dreams.
- Great Work Place (GWP Program): Japan office is operating a program for enjoying your daily works. There are various members’ activities such as i) Quota club (Award travel for good performers), ii) Regularly workshop, and iii) FIKA (Swedish social gathering).
English Proficiency Level
Employee Portrait: Become part of us.
Listen to our staff, and come and experience for yourself!
“It is fantastic that I can always learn the skills from world-leading technology and collaborate with many global partners. Of course, it is fun to be able to help many developers with my skills as well as my growth.” – James Lee, Account Manager, Korea
“Seeing the potential for development, I have decided to join IAR Systems. All colleagues are warm and friendly, and the global organization is working well together. I am very exciting to work here for the future." – Chris Lin, Account manager, Taiwan
"In my role I’m working internationally, with world-leading technology, and in a friendly and generous working environment. After all these years, I still enjoy being at IAR Systems!" – Susanne Dahlén, Director of Engineering, Sweden