누락 된 .dll 파일로 인한 설치 실패
2018-02-28 오전 2:36
If you are trying to run an old IAR Embedded Workbench product on Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 7 you may get messages about missing dll's (CTL3D32.DLL, MFC42.DLL, MSVCP50.DLL, MSVCRT.DLL).
This is because Install-Shield decides not to install the mentioned dlls, presumably because Vista/7 is too new.
Note applies to product/version
This Technical Note applies to products that uses the GUI : ew23.exe
- The interval of versions in the list are the versions that might be helped by this Tech Note.
- If you are using a newer version, then this Tech Note do not apply to your product.
- If you are using an older version, then you can not use your version on a PC with Windows Vista or Windows 7.
The patch (link below) is required to make older versions of IAR Embedded Workbench run on Windows Vista.
- Fetch the .zip: Vista Compatibility Patch.zip.
- Unzip the contents of the zip file into the folder where your ew23.exe is located.
If you are moving from an old PC to a new PC, (i.e. you do already have the product installed), then you can try to copy the whole installation from the old PC ot the new PC.
You also have to install the legacy License Management System (LMS1). One way to do this is to install a more modern version of IAR Embedded Workbench, then you get the dongle drivers + the IAR License Manager (LMS1) installed. If you can not do so, you need to install:
Dongle drivers from Technical Note 62867.
IAR License Manager from Technical Note 14255.
The patch in this Technical Note might help, but we can not guarantee that it helps. The technology in Windows Vista is quite different from the Windows OS:es in use when these old versions of IAR Embedded Workbench were created.
All product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.