In order to avoid an image to be rebuilt the following solution can be used.
- IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM must not be too old. Versions released 2007 (or later) can use this solution.
- The file format of the existing image must be of a format that can be downloaded by C-SPY. (For example ELF/DWARF or hex).
1) setting up
- Create a new project. Choose Project>Create New Project
- Select the project template: Externally built executable
- Specify the project name.
- Add the image file to the project, choose Project>Add Files and make sure to choose "All Files" in the "Files of type" drop-down list.
- The only project options that are meaningful to set, (for this kind of project), are the options in the categories: General Options and Debugger.
- Make sure to set up the general project options in the same way as when the executable file was built.
- Set up the C-SPY options in accordance to your emulator/JTAG etc.
- To download the image file, select the project in the Workspace window and click the Debug button.
- The project can be reused whenever needed to download the image.
Be aware that the exact names in the IAR Embedded Workbench IDE can vary between versions.
All product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners