Enabling current and voltage measurement capabilities with I-jet.
Flexible current & voltage measurement
I-scope adds current and voltage measurement capabilities to I-jet and I-jet Trace probes. The measurements can be done at any designated points on the target board and are displayed in real-time by the C-SPY Debugger in IAR Embedded Workbench for Arm.
Power consumption of individual functions
I-scope measures current and voltages and sends it to I-jet probe family, which synchronizes the data with the program counter of the running application. The data is graphed and profiled using C-SPY.
Real time measurement
I-scope provides the power data of the running the application in real time so you can view the power profile and optimize your code for better power efficiency.
I-scope can measure the consumption with a sampling rate up to 200 kHz with 12 bit resolution. The current sensing is done by connecting two differential current measurement leads across a shunt resistor on the target board.
Details of using I-scope
Use the power analysis to:
- Reveal the power consumption of individual functions and peripherals
- Identify I/O activities that cause current spikes
- Diagnose low power mode
- Investigate MCU frequency and core voltage power savings
- Find conflicting hardware setup
- Reduce RF emissions by identifying and eliminating unwanted current spikes
- Measure and compare battery consumption in various MCU sleep modes
- I+ and I- differential voltage, 110mV full scale across shunt resistor
- One differential current channel, 0-6V common mode
- Three voltage channels, 0-6V
- Sampling rate up to 200 kHz with 12 bit resolution
- Includes one MIPI-20 flat cable for attaching to the I-jet
- Includes 6 flying test leads and 6 grabbers
- Supports all Arm Cortex-M cores with SWO (Serial Wire Output)
Please note: I-scope is used in combination with I-jet or I-jet Trace.