Eclipse tools for ARM—Complete tool suite plugin
IAR Systems’ completely integrated Eclipse plugin extends the IDE’s capabilities by providing compiler and build tools, as well as a full integration of the IAR C-SPY Debugger. Since the Eclipse plugin uses the IAR Embedded Workbench build tools, the generated code is equally reliable and of the same high quality as for IAR Embedded Workbench.
The integration allows IAR Systems’ advanced debug technology to be utilized from within the Eclipse IDE.
- IAR C/C++ Compiler, IAR Assembler, and IAR ILINK Linker
- IAR C-SPY Debugger (replaces the GDB-based debugger that is standard with Eclipse CDT)
- Project import functionality
- Advanced trace features
- Instruction set simulator
- All standard Eclipse CDT features
Click to see larger image.
Build tool plugins
For selected targets, IAR Systems provides build tool plugins. They allow the IAR C/C++ Compiler, Assembler and Linker to be run from within Eclipse. Code generated by the build tools can be debugged using the GDB-based Eclipse debugger or by using the IAR C-SPY Debugger outside of Eclipse.
- Eclipse CDT integration
- IAR C/C++ compiler, assembler and linker
- C and C++ Libraries
- Parsing of error massages
- Options settings from Eclipse
The build tool plugins are available for Renesas R32C, V850, RL78, RX, and 78K. Click here for download instructions