IAR Eclipse plugins
The IAR Eclipse plugins are provided free-of-charge by IAR Systems. They enhance a standard instance of the Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers to take direct advantage of the high quality IAR build toolchains alongside the advanced features provided by their respective debuggers from an existing IAR Embedded Workbench installation, for the supported target architectures.
Project management & IDE
- Projects are managed by the built-in features from the Eclipse CDT
- IAR Embedded Workbench project (.ewp) importer
- IAR Project Options configuration
- IAR Embedded Workbench Plugins Manager
Build toolchain support
- IAR C/C++ Compiler
- IAR Assembler
- IAR ILINK Linker
- Parsing of error messages
C-SPY Debugger support
- Native support to the state-of-art debugger
- Instruction set simulator
- Advanced trace features
Supported target architectures
Eclipse plugins are available for the following target architectures:
Executables built with debug information for the target architectures in which their respective plugin does not provide C-SPY Debugger support can be debugged:
- from their respective IAR Embedded Workbench for debugging an externally built executable file, or
- from their respective GNU Debugger (GDB), directly from the Eclipse IDE, when those are available.
In order to take advantage of the IAR Eclipse plugins, the following software components must be installed:
- IAR Embedded Workbench, for one or more supported target architectures
- Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers, selectable from the Eclipse Installer
For detailed system requirements refer to the IAR Eclipse plugin update site.
Download and Install IAR Eclipse plugins
Instructions for downloading and installing the IAR Eclipse plugins are provided directly from IAR Eclipse plugin update site.