(LMS1) Managing connection to License Server version 1
Technical Note 89837
Note: - This applies to legacy versions of IAR Embedded Workbench (2013 and older) which used License Management System version 1 (LMS1).
This technical note gives some advice when installing a legacy version of the IAR Embedded Workbench, where the license resides on a license server.
Note: - Combing a modern Windows system with a legacy version of the IAR Embedded Workbench might fail. The advices below reduces that risk.
First - make sure to fulfil the 'Network requirements for the IAR license server', which are described in the 'Installation and Licensing Guide for IAR Embedded Workbench'.
Second - Perform these actions to maximize the chance to get a working connection to the LMS1 server license.
- Install the legacy version of the IAR Embedded Workbench.
- Go to the LMS1 License Manager (
licman.exe), which should be situated in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\IAR Systems\License\Utilities
- Do a right-mouse-click on the
licman.exeand select 'Properties' to open that window.
- Open the page 'Compatibility' in the 'Properties' window.
- In the group 'Compatibility mode', select 'Windows 8' or an older Windows system.
- In the group 'Settings' select 'Run this program as an Administrator', and save the changes by selecting the 'OK'-button.
- At this point, consider to restart the computer.
- Start the LMS1 License Manager (
licman.exe), enter the Permanent Key, and refer to the server computer with 'full name' or IP-address.
By taking these actions you get the best chance to get a working LMS1 server license for the IAR Embedded Workbench, that is, when installing on a modern Windows system.
All product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.