Extensions for Visual Studio Code
Build and develop your IAR Embedded Workbench projects from Visual Studio Code with our new extensions.
The IAR Build Extension and IAR C-SPY Debug Extension
Visual Studio Code is a streamlined code editor with support
for development operations like debugging, task running, and
Our Visual Studio Code extensions are compatible with all the latest versions of IAR Embedded Workbench and IAR Build Tools and are availabe at Visual Studio Code Marketplace.
In addition, the extensions can be used for other build systems, such as CMake, source control and versioning extensions like GitHub to meet your development demands.
Our extensions enable you to work in Visual Studio Code but taking advantages of the powerful capabilities of the IAR Systems’
software solutions, such as:
- manage project files in an easy way
- build and debug projects efficiently
- make use of all C-SPY debugger drivers and debug probes
- generate messages and reports from the static code
- use language features powered by the C/C++ extension