Updating the license on a license server
Technical Note 76211
This Technical Note describes how to update a server license.
The lists below apply to updating a license on an LMS2 server. (License Management System version 2)
- Your license must have a SUA (Support and Update Agreement) that covers the release date of the IAR Embedded Workbench release.
- You must make sure that you are using the latest version of the License Server application. Check (and if needed fetch) the latest version from the Technical Note: https://www.iar.com/support/tech-notes/licensing/iar-license-server-tools-lms2/
To update the license
- Start the License Manager on the license server computer.
- If you have internet access on the LMS2 server computer, choose License>Check.
- If you do not have internet access on the LMS2 server computer, choose License>Offline Activation to get the update.
An LMS2 server license cannot be updated from a client computer.
- The license must be updated for each new version of IAR Embedded Workbench.
- In LMS2, the license is updated on the license server computer.
- No license updates are needed computer(s). The clients can use the new version of IAR Embedded Workbench when the license has been updated on the license server computer.
All product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.