IAR Embedded Workbench provides extensive support for a wide range of 8051 devices.
- Integrated development environment with project management tools and editor
- Highly optimizing C and C++ compiler for 8051
- Configuration files for 8051 devices from different manufacturers
- Run-time libraries with complete source code
- Relocating 8051 assembler
- Linker and librarian tools
- C-SPY debugger with 8051 simulator and support for RTOS-aware debugging on hardware
- ROM-monitor and JTAG drivers as well as source code and project for creating your own ROM-monitor driver
- Example projects for 8051 and code templates
- User and reference guides in PDF format
- Context-sensitive online help
- Support for DATA, IDATA, XDATA, PDATA and BDATA
- Support for multiple DPTR in compiler and libraries
- Bitwise addressing for SFRs
- Possibility to use up to 32 virtual registers
Hardware debugging support:
- Configurable IAR ROM-monitor for the NXP LPC935/LPC93xx and TI MSC1211devices
- Analog Devices ROM-monitor for ADu83x/ADu84x, ADE51xx/ADE55xx and ADE71xx/ADE75xx devices
- Analog Devices USB EA-Emulator
- Texas Instruments USB/JTAG interface for 8051 based CC11xx, CC24xx and CC25xx SoC:s
- Texas Instruments 8051 based Sensium devices
- Infineon Debug Access Server (DAS) for the Infineon XC8xx device family
- Silicon Laboratories USB and serial (EC2) JTAG adapters supporting all C8051Fxxx devices
- MIPS System Navigator Probe for 8051 Microcontroller Cores
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF GO development platform (nRFProbe)
3rd party plugins for C-SPY are also available for the following debug systems:
- DoCD HAD Probe - supports devices based on the DX8051/DX80390 IP Core from Digital Core Designs
- Phyton JEM52 - supports debugging and programming for a variety of 8051 microcontrollers with on-chip debug interfaces.
- Phyton PICE52 - real-time non-intrusive emulation of virtually all 8051 microcontrollers
- Manley Electronics ME52HU and N-Link emulators
- The FlashPro-CC and GangPro-CC USB flash programming adapters for CCxxxx series Chipcon products from Texas Instruments by Elprotronic Inc.
A generic IAR ROM-monitor project template is included for configuration of additional 8051 boards and kits. We continuously add hardware debugging support for new devices; please contact IAR Systems to find out whether your new device is already supported or when it will become available.
Note: Our partners frequently release new devices and the latest ones may not be listed here. We continually add support to new devices. Please contact IAR Systems to find out whether your new device is already supported or when it will become available.