(LMS1) Handling issues with docking and/or undocking laptop
Technical Note 79030
11/13/2020 6:17 PM
Note: - This applies to legacy versions of IAR Embedded Workbench (2013 and older) which used License Management System version 1 (LMS1).
Microsoft Windows terminates with a blue screen when docking or undocking a laptop from the docking station.
Follow these steps to try to get the Windows system to continue operating when a laptop is docked or is undocked from the docking station.
- Uninstall all dongle drivers, using step 2 in technical note 200922. Then restart the computer.
- Install the latest dongle driver for LMS1, using step 3 in technical note 200922. Then restart the computer.
- Disable the parallel port, using method 4 in technical note technical note 62867. Then restart the computer.
Round up by removing directories and a project related file:
- Search for the directory where the Embedded Workbench project file (
.ewp) is located. Delete all folders in that directory:
\Settings, \Debug, \Release, etc.
- Delete the file with the extension
.ewd, which holds the debugger settings.
- Then open the project and set lost settings again. For example, debugger settings has been lost.
Docking or undocking might work better after trying these suggestions.
Note: If these suggestions do not help, make sure that the legacy version of IAR Embedded Workbench is not running when you are docking or undocking the laptop.
All product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners