(LMS1) Updating to License Manager 1.29.1
Technical Note 14255
11/26/2020 8:02 PM
Note: - This applies to legacy versions of IAR Embedded Workbench (2013 and older) which used License Management System version 1 (LMS1).
This technical note gives advice on installing version 1.29.1 of the License Manager.
- An IAR Systems product legacy version using LMS1.
- A physical computer with Windows 7 or an older Windows system.
- The advice is to use a Windows system on which the version of the Embedded Workbench was tested. (Find that information in the release notes.)
- Because Microsoft has dropped support for Windows 7 (and older Windows versions), the advice is to work on a computer not connected to the company network, nor connected to the Internet.
Notes for modern Windows systems:
- IAR product versions with LMS1 might work on Windows 8 and newer.
- LMS1 is not tested on Windows 8 and newer, so this usage is unsupported.
- The best chance for a successful result is to install License Manager 1.29.1 and dongle driver 7.5.2.
Before installing a version of IAR Embedded Workbench that uses LMS1, start with installing version 1.29.1 of the IAR License Manager. (And, if needed, install the latest dongle driver.)
Download the latest version
Download version 1.29.1 of the IAR License Manager from this link: LicMan 1.29.1.
- Make sure (restart the computer if needed) to run Windows as Administrator.
- Unzip the zip file, which contains the
licman.exeand the support files.
- Replace the existing
licman.exeon your PC, normally located in
C:\Program Files\Common Files\IAR Systems\License\Utilities
- Place the support files also in that directory.
- Finally, run the
vcredist_x86.exe(has just been copied) to get the Microsoft distributable
.dllfiles installed at the correct locations.
Update the dongle driver
If the license uses a dongle, install the latest (7.5.2) version tested with LMS1. (technical note 200922).
Install the legacy Embedded Workbench version
When version 1.29.1 of the IAR License Manager (and, if needed, dongle driver 7.5.2) has been installed, the legacy version of Embedded Workbench can now be installed.
Note for licenses ‘locked to Transfer’
If you are performing an LMS1 License Transfer, both computers must run the same version of
Updating to the latest License Manager 1.29.1 might solve problems when using a legacy version of the Embedded Workbench.
All product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.