(LMS1) Solving compilation fails when dongle works
Technical Note 73500
11/26/2020 5:02 PM
Note: - This applies to legacy versions of IAR Embedded Workbench (2013 and older) which used License Management System version 1 (LMS1).
This Technical Note describes the actions to take when compilation fails in a situation where the License Manager detects the USB dongle.
In this situation, the IAR C/C++ Compiler fails with a copy protection message:
No license was found
However, the IAR License Manager (LMS1) recognizes the USB dongle and shows the message:
Solve the situation by taking the following steps:
- Remove the USB dongle(s) from your PC.
- Uninstall the LMS1 version of the License Manager. Do this even if the License Manager installed is version 1.29.1.
- Clean up the dongle driver with help of Technical Note 62867. Perform these two actions, from that Technical Note:
- Remove and reinstall the dongle driver
- Remove the dongle driver support for parallel port dongles
- Install the latest LMS1 License Manager using Technical Note 14255.
- Restart your PC.
- After Microsoft Windows has started, insert the USB dongle.
The suggestion tries to solve the issue by making it sure that the latest dongle driver and LMS1 License Manager are being used.
All product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.